Thursday, August 18, 2005

Well this is my first crack at this. Ain't the internet wonderful, it lets complete strangers like me put my POV up for all the world to see! It's a know-it-alls dream.

Felids is derived from the scientific name for cats. My first venture into the internet world was on Prodigy (remember that!) on a talk board called Tabby Talk. It was a bunch of people talking about their cats, and then some. I was hooked.

Then Prodigy imploded and I lost touch with my fellow Tabby Talkers.

Fast Forward to 2002, right before the Olympics. I happened across an article on The Drudgereport about how America was being 'jingoistic' regarding the upcoming Olympics. The article was from a newspaper I had never heard of before called The Guardian. I had to respond, and became sucked into the vortex known as GUT.

For those who have never ventured into GUT, it isn't for the faint of heart. I had the previous impression that Brits (they hate to be called that BTW) were polite and stuffy. Well, let me tell you. If you have a thin skin, or don't like being called a cee u next tuesday, then GUT is not for you.

Anyway, I regularly spout my mouth off there under the same name, AmericanWoman. I have my fans, and my sworn enemies. Why not check it out:

GUT Unlimited

No comments: